Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd – #53 – Printed Quilt Labels

Welcome to this month’s edition of Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd where we share our favorite quilting or sewing tips and tutes! This month’s edition is a quick one. I often look to my work in the prior month for inspiration, but a friend’s question on yesterday’s post brings you a tip on ordering labels for your quilts!

Last Month’s Link Ups

Here are May’s links:

• Yvonne shared her tutorial about sewing inset circles,
  • Sandra shared her way of assembling a quilt and
  • Andree shared a workshope and some tips for attending a workshop.

It’s getting to be the lazy days of summer, and I know that we are all busy with gardening and soaking up the sun in the part of the world where it is summer. Remember to link up a favorite tutorial if you can.

Ordering Quilt Labels

I have premade labels that I put on nearly everything I make. I often don’t label quilts I am selling, but do for quilts that I am keeping or giving to friends. Here is the kind of quilt label I do for those, and in the best of worlds, would do this every time.

This picture inspired this post and shows the label I always attach.

Here is a picture of the two labels I currently have. The one on the right is a bit larger – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ wide and is my preferred label. The other one is a little smaller, 1″ x 2″ and works just as well.

I ordered these from Tagtopia on Etsy.

Now, I lust after the Dutch Woven labels and have yet to come up with a design, but one day I will get some from them. I need to make up my mind, and maybe this is the impetus to do so! You can see what Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl has to say about these labels here.

Join the Linky Party!

Now it’s your turn to post, and the rules are simple – write up a tip or group of tips or a tutorial that is quilting or sewing-related and link that post below. The linky party is open from 12:01 am on the 21st (only this month), through midnight on the 30th. The post does not have to be new but should be one that hasn’t been linked to Tips and Tutorials in the past. If you don’t have a blog, please send it to me (kathleen@kathleenmcmusing.com) and I will post your tip or tutorial for you!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Past Tips and Tutorials

In case you didn’t know, if you have missed some past #TTot22, you can check them out in the tab at the top of my page or on my Pinterest board.

Coming Up on My Blog

TGIFF
Ferry Pillows
4 Tops to Quilt (Diatom, Maid Marian, Yoga 2, Pinked)

1. June 23, 2024 / 7:35 AM

I’ve only done a couple of labels, I’m sorry to say, and I really need to do one for the upcoming quilt for my grandson’s wedding next year! Thanks for the tips. :)

2. June 24, 2024 / 11:14 AM

I use labels from Tagtopia and from Dutch Label shop, and I think it’s getting close to time to place another Dutch Label shop order. :)

3. June 26, 2024 / 4:23 PM

Perfect timing, Kathleen! I’m almost out of the labels that I have been adding to my quilts.

June 27, 2024 / 2:25 PM

I like your label with your first name in cursive, Kathleen! My labels are from Dutch Label Shop. I order flat woven sew-in labels.

5. June 27, 2024 / 11:11 PM

Thanks for posting this, Kathleen! I have never bought labels for my quilts and was thinking that I’d like to order some, but had no idea where to look! :)

6. quiltinglearningcombo
    June 28, 2024 / 1:04 PM

Hi Kathleen, those woven labels looks great. I have some tiny labels that do the trick. I usually make a larger label when I can, but add the small one because then I don’t need to have all of that info on the larger label. Sorry that I’m not linking up – there’s nothing really relevant this month.

I love hearing from you and reply promptly to each comment by email. I will publish replies if there is something that is helpful to the readers of my blog. However, if this is a blog hop, I sometimes am a bit delayed in replying and do miss a few. I will do my best!