2 Baby Quilts for TGIFF!

Welcome to Thank Goodness Its Finished Friday on my blog – we open Thursday evening and close Saturday at midnight to give bloggers from all over the world to post their finishes. We love seeing your FINISHES on this linky party and hope you have something to share.

My month has been a lot of sewing and quilting, but this is the only the second finish – but it is 2 quilts! For me, it is a huge compliment to be asked about making a quilt for someone, especially when you know they have purchased your quilts before. There are two new babies in my friend’s world, and I am pleased to share the quilts these young ones will receive.

Two Animal Quilts

When I spoke with my friend, the good news was the babies are unrelated and not known to each other so, it won’t matter a great deal. The quilts are nearly identical. Because the panels are narrow, I do a narrower top and bottom border (4″) and make the side borders wider (6″). That brings the baby quilt to a nice size…38″ x 50″. I do prewash all of these, as I expect they will get washed quite a bit.

First up is the yellow version. This one is a little quieter, but I love it. The inner blue border and darker blue binding work well with the yellow and go nicely with the colors in this panel.

The second is a bit bolder, with orange and green and a really fun grass green binding.

The quilting pattern is the same on both, called Squig E2E in Prostitcher. It is a little more of an organic stipple and looks great on these baby quilts.

The backs are also the same. The nice think is I bought this to use for these panels, so I was glad I remembered when it came to looking for backs.

I have made 3 other versions of this quilt – here and here and here. I am out of the panels, so I need to find another fabulous animal panel to work with.

The TGIFF Linky Party

Now it’s your turn to post, and the rules are simple – share your quilting finish for this week. The linky party is open from 6 pm on Thursday, February 22nd through midnight on Saturday, February 24th.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Coming Up on My Blog

A Special Baby Quilt
Sea Glass Joy
Villa Rosa Blog Hop 3/15/24
SAHRR Parade of Quilts 3/18/24
Tips and Tutorials 3/22/24

Linking Up With

Put Your Foot Down

Fabric Stash

I am continuing in the right direction!
Fabric in this month: 0 yards
Fabric in this year: 0 yards
Fabric out this month: 13.5 yards
Fabric out this year: 28.75 yards. NET Fabric: -28.75 yards

1. February 23, 2024 / 6:03 AM

Panels are great to use for baby quilts. These quilts are both lovely and will be loved and used. Happy stitching!

February 23, 2024 / 7:51 AM

Great finishes, Kathleen!!! Good idea–make the sides wider than the top & bottom borders to proportion out the finished size. Love the panto. It’s fun to see all 5 versions you’ve made!!!

3. February 23, 2024 / 7:56 AM

Perfect baby quilts, I love them both! The quilting design you chose works really well. I’m sure your friends will be delighted. Nice finishes!

4. February 23, 2024 / 8:32 AM

They are both adorable, love the colors especially on the yellow, and how great you could use those darling panels and that pretty backing!

5. February 23, 2024 / 9:36 AM

Oh what fun quilts!!! The babies will love using those and learning at the same time!!!

6. February 23, 2024 / 11:39 AM

Hi Kathleen! This is one of my favorite baby quilts and each time you make one, I admire them. The colors are bright and happy and I know that babies are drawn to them. While the centers are exactly the same, just the change to the borders make each one unique and special. I’d be hard pressed to pick a favorite – maybe the orange. How about you? These are great finishes and those babies will feel all the love you’ve sewn into them. Great job and thanks for the linky party today. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

7. February 24, 2024 / 5:58 PM

These are fantastic finishes! My fave is the one w/the orange & green. Thx for the great idea for baby quilts!

8. February 26, 2024 / 7:43 PM

Super cute quilts, Kathleen!!

9. February 29, 2024 / 10:24 AM

I love them both, the panels are fantastic and your border fabrics are perfect. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.