I am so pleased to show you Cassidy’s quilt in its finished form! I finished it the other day but paperwork (computer work really) has kept me from getting it published until today. I love making special quilts and this one really makes me happy. I think the pattern that I designed will be one that I go back to many times.
When I left you on hop day, this was what the quilt looked like. The pattern is still available for free (until November 4th). I love it for so many reasons – let me count some of the ways:
1. Pinks and purples are a girls favorite and they are Cassidy’s favorite.
2. Two hearts for the the two sisters
3. Easy to make with a few scraps (or not scraps)
4. You can change it up and add some feature fabric at the bottom…fairies, unicorns, etc. might have been a choice for Cassidy. Or you could write messages in that block or other spots on the quilt.
5. It is big enough to go a long way and will fit nicely on a twin or the top of a double or queen as an extra quilt as she grows.
Here are a couple of close ups of the quilting. At first, I was a bit hesitant about the purple on the white but I love it. It was a longer pattern to quilt than some of the others I used but I really like the way it looks.
My husband is holding it, and he his just under 6 feet tall. It covers him nicely; it will last Cassidy a long time.
The backing fabrics are also on her sister’s quilt, another fun way the quilts are connected. I checked and that pink line is not as wobbly as it looks; I think it is the way it is draping.
This is the last of the images. I have to say, I am thrilled with this finish. It is a new one for the year, but will get counted in my PhD for 2020! Still making more new than finishing old projects, but that’s my life as a quilter. I will link up to both TGIFF (although I didn’t post until Saturday but it was done) and to DrEAMi, as this truly was a Drop Everything And Make It Project.
Double the Love
46″ x 62″
Pattern: Big Sister/Brother Quilt
Piecing Thread: Craftsy #104 Sea Mist
Quilt Threads: Superior Omni #3125 Purplicious, #3003 Pearl White
Quilt Pattern: From the HQ library, Daisy Marie
Coming Up on the Blog:
QAL by the Sea Block 12 – 11/3
Monthly Color Block 11/10
Tips and Tutorials – 11/22
Monthly Color Block – December 1
Blog Hop – Dec 1-4
Surprise Hop – Dec 6