I am so thrilled with the blocks that I have seen in our facebook group for this #QALbythesea! I know you will love this block just as much as the others, because what fun is the summer with sun? Sherry of Powered by Quilting has a fun take on the sun and I know we can just imagine basking under its lovely smile.
You can find instructions for her block here: Sherry @ Powered by Quilting.
Do check out the hosts, too, as they will have tips and tricks for you to help you be successful with the block. Our hosts are listed below.
Full Time Hosts:
Abbie @ Sparkle On!
Becca @ Pretty Piney
Jennifer @ Inquiring Quilter
Karen @ Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats
Laura @ Slice of PI Quilts
Sandy @ Sandy Star Designs
Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
Segment 1: August 4 – August 25
August 4 – Block 1: Becca @ Pretty Piney Quilts
August 11 – Block 2: Jennifer @ Inquiring Quilter
August 18 – Block 3: April @ Janda Bend Quilts
August 15 – Block 4: Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
Segment 1 Wrap Up
Slice of PI Quilts
Sandy Star Designs
Powered By Quilting
Segment 1 Prize Winner Announced!
HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE PARTY
Please indicate residency when linking!
And, yes, we have prizes.
1. Complete the 4 blocks in segment 1.
2. Post a picture during the 2 weeks between blocks. Please indicate or post appropriate for US or International residents.
September 8th will be the day the prize is awarded, so all entries must be posted by 8 am ET on September 8th.
Eligibility for Prizes for all Participants
Participants can enter the prize drawing by sharing a single photo
with all the completed segment blocks
on Facebook, instagram, or the hosts blog linky party
at the end of each segment. #qalbythesea
Share one photo showing all 12 of your completed blocks, as above.
You must be 18 years old to enter.
SEGMENT 1 PRIZES
1. Dream Green 60″ x 60″ batting from Quilter’s Dream. An earth friendly polyester batting made from 100% recycled plastic bottles!
2. A Fat Quarter fabric bundle of Island Batik “Kismet.”
This line by Tammy Silver of Tamarinis has a bohemian vibe with vibrant colors! https://islandbatik.com/
1. A magazine for quilters, by quilters, filled with beautiful patterns and articles to inspire quilters like us to make more modern quilts!
2. A PDF pattern of your choice from these Designers! Pretty Piney, Inquiring Quilter Powered by Quilting (a $10.00 shop credit).
Segment 2: September 8 to September 29
September 8 – Block 5: Sandra @ Sandra Healy Designs
September 15 – Block 6: Bobbi @ Snowy Days Quilting
September 22 – Block 7: Laura @ Slice of PI Quilts
September 29 – Block 8: Kathleen @ Kathleen McMusing
and Segment 2 Wrap Up
October 13 – Segment 2 Prize Winner Announcement
Coming Up on the Blog:
TGIFF – 8/28
2020 Monthly Color Block – September
QAL by the Sea #5 – 9/8
QAL by the Sea #6 – 9/15
Garden Party Hop Hop – 9/17
QAL by the Sea #7 – 9/22
Hello Fall Blog Hop – 9/21
QAL by the Sea #8 – 9/29
This is such a cute block! All of them are looking so good together! I’m still smiling at Karen’s addition of the rickrack sunglasses!