Every year end, Yvonne Fuchs at QuiltingJetGirl hosts a linky party to help us focus on goals for the year. I so appreciate this; it really does help you hone in on what is important and what you want to accomplish. Before I get to that, however, I will review by 2018 goals.
My goals for 2018 were outlined here. I loved 2018 as I did a few things I didn’t plan on and I think that my blog really went through a year of growth – more entries and more engagement. Without further ado, here is my review of my 2018 accomplishments and misses.
- I became an Island Batik Ambassador, which I applied for but didn’t think it would happen. It has been great fun meeting new people in the industry and in the blogsphere through this program. The sponsors – Island Batik, Aurifil and Hobbs – have all been so generous. Thank you for this opportunity and the challenges we met as ambassadors. I met every deadline!
- I finished over 24 projects. This including planning quilts that I wanted to make AND making some quilts to donate.
- Electric Quilt 8 became my friend – I use it all the time with my Island Batik projects and other quilt projects. I am enrolled in TechKnowQuilters, run by Kari Schell @ On Point Quilter. I do lessons a few times a week and it really has helped with my ability to use the program.
- I moved my blog to a new platform WordPress, hosted by SiteGround.
- I also had a logo designed for me and set up a store to sell patterns & quilts (not running yet but soon).
- I wrote over 88 blog entries; up from 50 in 2017. You can see some of my favorites here.
- My husband and I did have some adventures! There should be more and we should be more intentional about this.
- I designed a block for our Partners in Design QAL. There will be one next year so join up on the facebook page and watch for announcements in late winter.
- #APQ UFO Resolution 2018 – 9 out of 12 done – 3 hard ones left
- Write one pattern with North Star Block – not done
- Write one pattern with block from Fall QAL – not done
Smaller, measurable goals:
- Blog regularly – 2-3 times per week.
- Design at least 6 quilts.
- Write 6 patterns.
- Write more tutorials.
- Finish more UFOs; aim for 1/month. List needs review and editing – that will happen the 1st week in January.
Larger, overall goals:
- Pursue adventures with my husband.
- Discover whether I want to pursue teaching again.
- Determine whether my quilting has a business aspect.
I think that I want to choose a word for this year and my word is INTENTIONAL. Be intentional about eating, exercising, quilting, designing, playing and loving. I think that sounds like a great year to come.
Happy New Year!
Disclaimer: *Links with asterisk indicate an affiliate link and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Your price is not any different, but a small percentage of the sale will go to supporting my blog.